Bailey Miller

Oil Painting



As a California native, nature has always been right at my back door. Whether it is hiking though the local foothills, snorkeling in the crystal clear waters of Laguna Beach, driving up Highway 1 as it hugs the rugged California coastline, or climbing Mount Whitney, nature has continually had my heart. I was born with a soul for adventure, eager to see the sublime, untouched beauty of God's creation.



I find that nature can heal, bring hope, and ignite a fire in our soul. It is in a snowy, tucked away cabin where we find refuge from life’s stresses; the untouched hiking trails where we find a strength within us that we never knew existed, and the regal mountain ranges and vast oceans that remind us just how small we are in this great big world. Nature has the power to calm, bring joy, and inspire if only we give it the time to do so.



My love of nature and adventure go hand in hand with my passion for painting. With every hike and outdoor exploration, my desire to paint grows. My subject matter is generally greatly influenced by my most recent adventure. I love how a painting has the ability to bring to life the memories of an adventure even after it is over. So many paintings I have done over the years have been glimpses into my adventures: a moment of absolute peace on my hike up Mount Whitney, an unforgettable beach scene from a tropical getaway with my family… and the list could go on.



Many works of art are created to reach large groups, be understood by the masses; however, I take a slightly different approach. With my creations, I aim to capture that moment for you, a personal memento that embodies your own special place in time. On that note, it is through painting my own adventures that I really began doing the same for others with their own memories. I thrive on the joy derived from the unexpected discoveries, the once in a lifetime views and the unforgettable triumphs.



I hope that no matter how small your adventures may seem that you always remember to collect those moments, whether in a photo album, a jar, or a painting... Collect them and hold them close, for they are the beams of light that remind us of how good life is, how bright and beautiful this world is.

No comments :

Post a Comment