Matthew Wilbourne

Photography



“Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.” - John Muir

I'm passionate about taking a picture where you feel something, I want not only to capture the scene but, I want you to almost feel the wave coming in or you could feel the wind as you look at Half Dome. I want my pictures to inspire you to fall into them.

I remember in one of my photo classes I asked of the Professor "what do you think of this photo"? He said "Matt, what do you think of it?, do you like it?, if so then what does it matter what I might think of it"? Maybe the picture was terrible, but what I felt he was saying to me is photography is what you make of it, if you like it - Enjoy it. What this did for me was it freed me of perception and set me on a course of taking risks in my photographs.

No comments :

Post a Comment